Tive’s shipment-oriented platform introduces Shipment scheduling with custom information fields, reusable shipment Shipment Templates, and Alert Presets for faster configuration, full visibility of in-progress shipments, and access to historical shipment records. Here’s how it works.
On the top blue bar, click Shipments for the following menu:
|Upcoming||List shipments that will start in the future|
|Active||List shipments that have started, but have not yet been completed|
|Completed||List shipments that were manually or auto-completed|
|Overview||Powerful, comprehensive view of all Upcoming, Active, Completed|
|Analysis||Compare shipment statistics to find the most efficient route|
|Create New Shipment||Schedule an upcoming shipment|
Scheduling An Upcoming Shipment
Navigate to Shipments and click “Create New Shipment” to begin.
2. Shipment ID. Set a unique name and description for the shipment. You can also use our custom ID fields to integrate your existing naming conventions into the Tive platform, so you can easily look up your shipment and access all the associated tracker data at any time.
3. Link the trackers of your choice.
Legs (multi-leg shipments):
For Shipments that make more than one stop, multiple Legs can be created for each stop that the shipment will make. To create a Leg simply insert a Ship From Address, select the Mode (Road, Air, Ocean, Rail) and the Carrier, then add the Stop Address. A second Leg can be added by selecting a new Mode, Carrier, and Stop Address.
- Auto-Complete: See Complete a Shipment below.
- Alert Presets: receive an alert. See Alert Preset(s) for a list of possible alerts/problems.
3. Scheduling, and more
- Ship Date: automatically starts a scheduled shipment on the specified date (and enables alerts)
- Delivery Date: optionally add the following very useful information:
- All shipments: provides a progress indicator on this Shipment's page
- Truck shipments: enables the use of ETA and associated delay alerts in Alert Presets
- Complete the shipment, ending all alerts
- Carrier: Give this carrier a name (e.g. FedEx Ground), so they can be analyzed later in Analysis.
- Vessel ID (MMSI): For ocean freight, shows the location of this boat upon connection loss.
- Attachment: Add supporting shipment documentation for your Internal Users.
- Link Tracker(s): Described in the next section.
Click the green Create button to make the shipment available in the Upcoming Shipments list.
Deploying a Shipment: Click, scan, attach
Once you’re ready to ship, you’ll need to link a tracker to the shipment. This can be done right on the loading dock: simply select the scheduled shipment from the Upcoming Shipments list, type in (or scan) one or more tracker barcode(s) to attach a tracker to the shipment, and click Start Shipment.
To schedule a Shipment to start at a later time click Schedule Shipment instead. This is useful when the driver must go to a pickup location first - and alerts are not useful or necessary.
Once started, this Shipment will move from the Upcoming to the Active page.
Shipment Status - Monitoring Shipments in Transit
A started shipment that has linked tracker(s) can be viewed in the Overview and Active Shipments pages. Click a shipment in the list on the left to view its Status that includes location and tracker information. Click Alerts on the top white bar to view alert events, and click Configure to choose Alert Presets settings.
Click Details and Edit Details to change any values originally added by Create New Shipment.
Complete a Shipment
If a Shipment is set to complete upon arrival at its destination location, then it will automatically complete when the tracker arrives at the destination address. If it has not been set to auto-complete, then the platform will prompt you to “Complete Shipment” when the tracker arrives at the destination location.
If you want to complete the shipment prior to delivery, navigate to the Shipment page and click the green “End Shipment” button in the upper-left part of the page between the shipment status and the date.
Completing a shipment will decouple the tracker from the shipment. To see completed shipments, go to Shipments > Overview or Completed, where you can reference it at any time.