Step 1. To enable alerts upon entering/leaving a specific location, click Configure from the main tab and select Zones or Locations option to open the Create Geofence dialog.
Step 2. Enter an identifiable Location Name (e.g My Paris Warehouse).
Note: be as specific as possible - do not use the town name, use the destination address.
Step 3. Input the details of a geofence:
- Type in the Address of the Geofence center. Then click on the auto-completed value.
- Select Alert When: Inside or Outside the geofence
- Click Simple Radius to use a circle geofence & use the Tolerance slider on the left to select its radius
Note: Simple Radius is the best option if this is the first time you send a tracker to a new location with a radius of 500-1000 meters due to limited accuracy of cellphone towers. Once you have been to this location before and know it has higher accuracy (Wi-Fi enabled on-premises), you can tighten the circle radius or use a polygonal geofence.
- Click Custom Shape if you know the accuracy is high.
Step 3a. Click on Custom Shape to create a polygonal geofence instead of a simple circle:
- Click on Custom Shape
- Zoom in on the map and draw a polygon around your target. Leave plenty of space on the outside
- Drag any of the white dots, to modify the shape of the Geofence
Once you've completed an over-the-road truck Shipment, select it as a Route. Use the slider on the right to be alerted if the driver deviates from that route by more than 1 to 40 km (½ to 25 mi).
Route Geofences are a useful tool for high-value shipments along a pre-determined truck route.
If you have questions about setting up geofences or need us to help you set up a special geofence please contact us.