The guide below will provide all of the steps necessary to set up your first shipment(s) on the Tive Platform on your own.
To watch a video instead, please follow this link to see a Platform demo.
Shipment Templates make it easier to create shipments for commonly used shipping lanes.
- To view existing Shipment Templates, navigate to "Configure" in the top blue bar and click "Shipment Templates".
- To create a Shipment Template, enter a unique Template Name, then enter the Ship From and Ship to addresses along with the Carrier and Mode. For Shipments that make more than one stop, multiple Segments can be created for each stop that the shipment will make by clicking the "Add Stop" button. You can enter a new Mode and Carrier for each Segment.
- Shipment Template Uses: When creating a new shipment, choose an existing template, and the shipping details will now be set to the values defined in the Shipment Template.
Location and condition alerts for Shipments and Trackers are configured with Alert Presets. To receive alerts regarding your shipment or tracker, create an alert Preset and apply it to the shipment/tracker. Once you reach the "Create Alert Preset" page, fill in the blank spaces by giving your Alert Preset a unique name and a description. The "Notify Users" dropdown will allow you to navigate the Platform users and external users and choose the ones you want to receive these alerts. Alert triggers of your choice can then be enabled, such as Departure and Arrival, Route Deviation; a threshold for Temperature/Humidity, etc.
- Navigate to the Shipments Menu and click “Create New Shipment” to begin.
- Shipment ID and Description: Set a unique name and description for the shipment.
- Shipment Templates: If available, choose an existing Shipment Template to automatically fill in the Segment information, or enter this information manually.
- Ship and Delivery Date - enter the Ship/Delivery date and the estimated time of departure/arrival.
- Carrier: Give this carrier a name (e.g. FedEx Ground)
- Vessel ID (MMSI): For ocean freight, we use container/vessel coordinates to locate the shipment while the tracker's connection is lost.
- Attachment: Add supporting shipment documentation for your Internal Users.
- Link Tracker(s): Select one or more trackers that will be used to track this shipment.
- Alert Presets: select an existing preset containing the alerts you want to receive for this shipment
- Based on your Start Date, shipments will either be scheduled to start at a specific time (Upcoming) or immediately started (Active).
- At the Auto Complete dropdown, choose how soon after arriving at the final destination you would like your shipment to complete.
Monitoring Shipments in Transit:
A started shipment that has linked tracker(s) can be viewed in the Overview and Active Shipments pages. Click a shipment in the list on the left to view its Status that includes location and tracker information.
Share a Shipment (Public):
To share your Shipment with someone outside of your organization, navigate to the shipment's page, click on the share icon in the upper-right corner of the white bar, and click Share Shipment. Check the "Anyone with link can access" box, then copy, and paste this link into an e-mail or Messenger. The link will provide read-only access to the shipment's data, so a customer or partner can monitor the shipment in real-time without needing an account.
To become more familiar with your trackers, please refer to the below articles:
Please sign in to leave a comment.