The guide below will provide all of the steps necessary to set up your first shipment(s) on the Tive Platform on your own.
1. Viewing your trackers:
There are two ways in which you can view your trackers:
- Tracker's Map: trackers will be shown in the form of blue dots on the map based on their last location update, while on the left side of the screen, a list of devices in that area will be displayed.
- Tracker's List: Trackers will appear in the form of a List where tracker data can be arranged in columns of your choosing such as Battery, Last Connected, Location, Temperature, and more. You can choose the Columns displayed by ticking the box with the data you want to view
2. Sensors and Details:
When viewing a tracker, you have the option to view its Status, Alerts, Reports, or Details.
To see your tracker’s graphs, click “Status” to view all of the sensor data such as Temperature, Humidity, Light, Acceleration, Battery, etc.
You can click on your desired sensor to view a more detailed graph of data based on each ping.
3. Tracker Configuration:
The Details tab allows you to change the trackers' configuration to best fit your needs.
Estimated Battery Duration calculates battery life based on Tracker settings.
Transmission Interval: how frequently the cellular radio transmits.
Measurement Interval: measures sensors, GPS/WiFi position, and reads Bluetooth beacons.
WiFi Positioning: location when near populated areas with WiFi - Default: Enabled.
GPS Positioning: location when outdoors away from cities - Default: Disabled (strongly recommended).
- Shipment Templates:
Shipment Templates make it easier to create shipments for commonly used shipping lanes.
- To view existing Shipment Templates, navigate to "Configure" in the main menu and click "Shipment Templates".
- To create a Shipment Template, enter a unique Template Name, then enter the Ship From and Ship to addresses along with the Carrier and Mode. For Shipments that make more than one stop, multiple Segments can be created for each stop that the shipment will make by clicking the "Add Stop" button. You can enter a new Mode and Carrier for each Segment.
- Shipment Template Uses: When creating a new shipment, choose an existing template, and the shipping details will now be set to the values defined in the Shipment Template.
- Alert Presets:
Location and condition alerts for Shipments and Trackers are configured with Alert Presets. To receive alerts regarding your shipment or tracker, create an alert Preset and apply it to the shipment/tracker. Once you reach the "Create Alert Preset" page, fill in the blank spaces by giving your Alert Preset a unique name and a description. The "Notify Users" dropdown will allow you to navigate the Platform users and external users and choose the ones you want to receive these alerts. Alert triggers of your choice can then be enabled, such as Departure and Arrival, Route Deviation; a threshold for Temperature/Humidity, etc. For a detailed description of each alert trigger, please refer to this link.
To apply an Alert Preset, navigate to a shipment or tracker and click “Alerts”. If the shipment or tracker currently has no Alert Presets applied to it, just click the green "Select an Existing Alert Preset" button. All triggered alerts will also be visible as Events. View events by navigating to a particular shipment or tracker and clicking “Alerts”.
- Shipment Creation: Navigate to the Shipments Menu and click “Create New Shipment” to begin.
- Shipment ID and Description: Set a unique name and description for the shipment.
- Shipment Templates: If available, choose an existing Shipment Template to automatically fill in the Segment information, or enter this information manually.
- Ship and Delivery Date - enter the Ship/Delivery date and the estimated time of departure/arrival.
- Carrier: Give this carrier a name (e.g. FedEx Ground)
- Vessel ID (MMSI): For ocean freight, we use container/vessel coordinates to locate the shipment while the tracker's connection is lost.
- Attachment: Add supporting shipment documentation for your Internal Users.
- Link Tracker(s): Select one or more trackers that will be used to track this shipment.Alert Presets: select an existing preset containing the alerts you want to receive for this shipment
Shipments can either be scheduled to start at a specific time (Upcoming) or immediately started (Active).
To complete an Active shipment after delivery, navigate to the shipment's status. The three breadcrumbs dropdown on the right side of the page will display the Complete Shipment option. If you would like to have your shipments auto-complete upon arrival, please reach out to your Account Manager or email@example.com so that we can enable this for you.
- Monitoring Shipments in Transit: A started shipment that has linked tracker(s) can be viewed in the Overview and Active Shipments pages. Click a shipment in the list on the left to view its Status that includes location and tracker information.
- Share a Shipment (Public): To share your Shipment with someone outside of your organization, navigate to the shipment's page, click on the three breadcrumbs in the upper-right corner of the white bar, and click Share Shipment. Select "Anyone with link can access" then copy, and paste this link into an e-mail or Messenger. The link will provide read-only access to the shipment's data, so a customer or partner can monitor the shipment in real-time without needing an account.
To become more familiar with your trackers, please refer to the below articles: